Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Michigan BEAUTIFUL Michigan

Just recently I went on a little mini vakay to the western side of the state to visit my Aunt and Uncle. We joke that their home is a B&B....as it could easily be, as it's huge, historic, and they give the VIP treatment every time we visit!
We had a really nice time visiting, and while there we enjoyed seeing some of the beautiful sites Michigan has to offer.

They purchased this beautiful home a few years back, in horrible condition, but they've worked hard to restore it and it now is the nicest house in their little town of Fountain!



We went for a nice drive up highway 22 which follows the coast between Manistee and Traverse City. It was about a 200 mile drive (round trip) , and what a gorgeous ride it was!
We stopped at a look out site in Arcadia, and was it ever a site to behold! Our Great Lakes look more like oceans!

I climbed up the walkway to get these pics. Lots and lots and lots of stairs to climb, but so worth the trek!
It was breathtakingly beautiful!


The pics above are looking to the south, and the one below is looking to the north.
Lake Michigan is my favorite of all the Great lakes w/ it's beautiful sandy beaches and sand dunes!

There are so many quaint little towns along this drive.
Below is Lake Glen, an inland lake in the Sleeping Bear Sand dunes area. It was so pretty w/ the sand dunes in the background, and just over the dunes is Lake Michigan.


If you ever get the chance to visit Michigan, I highly recommend you do, and be sure to see Lake Michigan while you're here!

3 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Patty, sounds like a wonderful little vacation.
The house, scenery and pictures are just beautiful!
I've never been to Michigan but if I ever have the chance I'd love to see Lake Michigan.

So glad you shared!
Audrey

Dogpatch Primitives said...

and I would love to give you the grand tour Audrey!
Thanks for stopping by :)

Susan Walker said...

Gorgeous photos, Patty! I LOVE your Aunt and Uncle's old home...what a beautiful place to be blessed to wake up in each day. I forget out lovely the coastline is along our Great Lakes. Thanks for sharing...Susan