Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Here I am!

It took me a while...but I'm here, finally, I'm a blogger too :)

I've actually had my lil' slice of the blog world for some time now, just setting here w/ nothing more than a name, a banner, and a few links. I've been dragging my feet forever it seems, wanting to take the blog plunge, but not knowing how to jump in.
It seems I'm only comfy if everything is just right, just so, it all needs to be in place, doesn't it? Or does it? Maybe it doesn't have to be, and it's OK.
I feel so blog-challenged, like I've been plopped in a strange and unfamiliar place, blind, and with no Braille available. I'm having a bit of a hard time finding my way around this new blogging world. I can't even get my all my colors how I want them, and there is some funny "icon" and I don't know where it came from or what the heck it is. It's driving me crazy, but guess what? I'm lettin it go.
I'll get it, I know I will, it's just gonna take me some time, and plenty of it, so I hope you can bear with me, and my not so perfect blog. I'll get all my ducks in a row.......eventually.



Now....about me. Well, I'm an animal advocate who loves creating prim dolls! I love anything old and worn, and I love all animals, w/ a special fondness for dogs...I know, you never would have guessed that, right? My heart breaks for anything mistreated, human or otherwise. Us humans....well, we have a voice, the animals....they don't. I try to help when I can.

I'm looking so forward to this blogging. I'll be sharing some stories from my life's journey.....the simple things......close to my heart. I'll also share my prim creations with you, and occasionally a good recipe, b/c, I know myself.....for me, some foods can be the ultimate comfort when nothing else works, right?

If you're an animal lover.....you'll love it here, if not......I hope you will open your eyes, even if just a little.

til next time......


Patty

15 comments:

~Tonya said...

You finally did it! YAY! It looks great Patty. You can link to my blog from this comment and get my blog addy.

I am glad that you posted this to the group and I have added you to my blog. :)

Don't worry, it gets easier.

Smiles,
~Tonya

Susan Walker said...

Congratulations Patty! I'm so happy to see you took the plunge! You have a way with words and I just know you are going to enjoy this new endeaver.

I would love to exchange blog addy's with you...I will add yours to my blog this morning. I've got you saved to my favorites! Hugs--Susan

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Woo Hoo!! Welcome to "Blogdom" Patty! I've added ya to my blog. :> )
~Karin

Cookie said...

well i do declare Miss Scarlett - you are looking goooooood mama!!!

I'll add you right away to my blogoshere :)

Cookie

Nancy Malay said...

Oh, Patty, I just love the name of your blog - it's so "YOU"!

I'll be sure to add you to my links list, and will be visiting often.

Nancy

Suzanne said...

Congratulations Patty! Welcome to "blogopia"! Your blog name is very cute!

Little ol* Me said...

Aww, congratulations Patty!!! it's so lovely to see you here hon!! :)

Jus

Sharon Stevens said...

YAYYY you made it! I told you it's not hard. It's fun when you get the hang of it. Takes some time tho, which sometimes can be hard. Can't wait to read aboutcha my friend.
Hugs,
Sharon

Homespun Heart Primitive said...

Hey there Patty!!
It didn't take me much to find you!
Your blog looks great.
xox,
Sharon

Dogpatch Primitives said...

You gals sure are sweet to drop by my blog, and wow what a welcoming bunch you are too!

Thanks for the warm and friendly welcome into the wonderful world of Blogtopia!

Mary Perry said...

Very well done, Patty! You are an inspiration. I need to get back into the groove and update my poor, neglected blog. Would love to exchange links with you. Looking forward to your next posts.
Blessings,
Mary

Tallowberry Primitives and FolkArt said...

Congratulations, Patty! Your Blog looks great! The Bunny set is adorable, good luck with it.

I'll be checking back and reading all about you and your "Tails from the Dogpatch" (love the name, it's so you)!

~Tallowberry~

Dogpatch Primitives said...

thanks girls!
Mary, you are an inspiration yourself, and I am delighted to add you to my blog.
Diane, I can't wait to share some of my doggie tails!
Umm, when are you going to join the wonderful world of blogging yourself?

LoveThePrimLook said...

Love your blog !!!!!

Angie

Dogpatch Primitives said...

Hi Angie! Thank you for stopping by my little blog. I would love to exchange links w/ you!