Tuesday, September 9, 2008

That's my Story......

and you best believe, I'm stickin to it!!!

There aint no swap like a TDIPT swap!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again and again and again!
I am so blessed to be part of such a warm and friendly group of talented artists! I have never ever seen such generous giving as what I see in our group during swap time. Each and every swap box that is sent out is so very special, and you can really see that each member puts their all into their gift to their partner.

We're in the midst of our Autumn Swap, and it's a secret swap too, so we don't know who is sending to us. I about fell over when I saw this gigantic box that was delivered by the friendly man in the Big Brown truck, AKA UPS!! When I opened it, I couldn't believe my eyes! I love cupboards....all shapes and sizes, but they must be prim! So of course when I saw this beautiful red farmhouse cupboard, it was love at first sight!



It was from none other than the very very talented Jenn of
The Prairie House Primitives!

Not only is she one of the very sweetest gals ever, she's a girl after my own heart b/c she's an animal fanatic, and I like to call her Ellie Mae Clampett, b/c she has so many critters on her ranch! She and her husband, make some of the finest early style prim cupboards you're gonna find anywhere, and they're made from old barnwood, and painted perfectly prim!





As if the wonderful red cupboard wasn't enough, she sent along dog biskies for my 3 girls, and some room spray, goatsmilk soap, and of course...Chocolate!


I couldn't be more pleased, and I can't wait to get it hung in it's permanent spot!

If you're in the market for some fantastic prim furniture, be sure to visit Jenn's website, she has all kinds of goodies for your prim home, and her prices are extremely reasonable! Hop on over to her blog too. You'll love reading about her life on the prairie!


Thanks again dear Jenn!

11 comments:

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Wow what a wonderfully primtastic cupboard. Jen's a real peach !...but then so is Miss Patty. ;)

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Oh make that Mrs. Patty.;)hehehe

~Tonya said...

That is a great cupboard! Jen sure knew what you liked ;)

It goes perfect in your home. Lucky girl you are!

Can't wait to get my goodies...this secret swap stuff is killing me. LOL

Have a great day Patty.
~Tonya

Jennifer said...

Oh geez Patty youre makin me blush! I am so happy you like it-you are one deserving gal!!!!
Jen

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Patty - A BIG Amen to the TDIPT girls being the bestest - not only in their crafts, but they've got the biggest hearts and sweetest spirits!

OK I'm jealous..lol...that's gotta be my next item from Jen - it goes SO perfect with the doll bench I got from her!

Janelle

Dogpatch Primitives said...

Pam, I couldn't be happier! Oh, you're so cute :)

Tonya, it goes perfect in my home. I couldn't have gotten anything more suitable had I hand picked it myself!

Awww, thanks Jenn, you're a real true sweetheart!

Janelle, you're so right, and we're so glad to have you be a part of our wamr and friendly TDIPT family!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Patty, that cupboard is absolutely PERFECT!! TDIPT swaps are soooo much fun! YaY!! :> )
~Peanut

Dogpatch Primitives said...

Peanut, I hope yours comes soon!

Cookie said...

I'm lovin it all!

beautiful work from Jen ♥

Debra said...

Wow! What a lucky woman you are!

fiddlestixstudios said...

Patty,that Jen sure did spoil you!That cupboard could not have found a better home,it looks perfect!This swap has been so much fun!
~Mandy:)