Friday, December 19, 2008

Hope for Hope...an update

Some of you who have opened your hearts and been so very kind as to take an interest in the recovery of Hope (the starving and extremely emaciated dog found in Ohio) by sending in donations have wondered what is going on w/ her now. I knew since you were kind enough to try to help her, of course you would want to know if your donation has helped to make a difference, so I have been emailing the nice people who have taken Hope in and are caring for her to see what progress has been made since we learned of her need, so that I could share w/ you. Below is the response I got from the President of the Animal League
Thank you again for all of your help.

Hello, Thank you for the donation, we are close to having enough, but we have not yet finished out her vet work. She has to get her second treatment done before getting spayed, so I don't yet have a total on her vet care. She is doing well in her foster home, although she is food aggressive with other dogs, which is understandable with her starving.We had a program come forward that would like to take her in, it is a prison program here nearby. She would go into training with them and then go up for adoption. Just check in with me and I can keep you updated.Thanks,Katie----- Original Message -----From: Pkelly306@aol.comTo: info@aplmercer.comSent: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:56:42 -0800 (PST)Subject: my donation for Hope

6 comments:

Briar Rabbit Primitives said...

Oh! Thanks for the update Patty! I hope her HW treatments are succesful & she finds a Wonderful Forever Home. Hugs, Starla

Tallowberry Primitives and FolkArt said...

Patty, The world is a much better place because of people like you and all the other kind souls that came forward to give hope to Hope. A heartfelt "thank you" from all of us animal lovers.

I wish for you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year! Enjoy your break, my dear friend. Talk to you in TDIPTland.~Diane

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Thanks for the update Patty, I have been wondering about Hope. Im so happy she is getting the help she needs.Hugs~~Pam

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks Patty!!
Poppin' in to wish you and your family a wonderful and blessed Christmas!! :> )
~Peanut

Cookie said...

wonderful news... I'm glad she is improving and hope she finds the perfect home soon!
Merry Christmas, sister - you are a treasure to me!
x0

village folk art said...

Patty, thanks for the update. Looks like Hope is on her way to recovery and that she will eventually find a loving home that she so deserves.

Thanks to all the kind hearted animal lovers too...They are truly special.

Warm Hugs to all,
Barb